Thursday, November 4, 2010

Money Money Money...

This morning I was trying to explain to Kate that we want to save some money to help others for Christmas this year... and after several other attempts to explain that we work to make money and you have to have money to buy stuff (which to her = toys) I decided to try again when the timing was right so that she could get the concept.

So later today we were playing polly's and I asked her polly about Christmas and what happens at Christmas, and she said "If you have money then you get toys for Christmas and if you don't have money you don't get toys for Christmas"

I didn't know what to say cuz she was right, but talk about crushing a child's Christmas dreams and sparkle that goes with it. So I just changed the subject to the fact that we share at Christmas and we want to be able to help others...

Pretty funny I thought

0 comments: