Friday, November 7, 2008

Life

So it's about time I actually post about what swims on in my head on a daily, wait minutely basis... It's probably on a lot of your minds too. OUR COUNTRY! I personally am not excited about the "Change" that is about to occur given we have a new president now...I realize we all have our different opinions and views on the matter, for which I am so greatful! What a wonderful country we live in, a FREE COUNTRY!...for my political view read THIS...it's my sister's blog that I 100% whole heartedly agree with. We have talked for hours on the subject and she has taken the time to post all of what's in her heart and her views.

In an attempt to keep this short I will just say that I am even more thankful that I have the gospel as a guideline to keep me on track. Knowing that there is a prophet today that talks with God ( the Man in charge of it all) and can give us direction is very comforting...Another comfort is that wonderful scriptures! I can truly say that I have never loved searching for answers in the scriptures more than I do right now at this moment. I feel like every time I open the book of Mormon answers are jumping out at me and I feel like I'm reading about our life right now. it's kinda surreal to know that we are living prophecies that prophets talked about from the beginning of time. What a wonderful time to be living...sometimes scary....but with faith it cancels out the fear.

I just yesterday watched the conversion story of Glenn Beck... wow!... What a story! it was eye opening for me. The man KNOWS that he is in the right church. The feeling I had as I went away from that was a new desire to Question with boldness...to stand up for what I believe. We can already see division among members of the church for example, yesterday on the news they said church leaders are encouraging members to be civil with each other on the matters concerning same-sex marriage. To be civil with each other? aren't we as members supposed to be like oh I don't know BROTHERS and SISTERS, a relief society, a family??...

History is repeating itself and I think we as a people have been prosperous for a long long long time, so as history goes, the pride cycle will lead people to humble themselves which unfortunately means disasters, hard times..."separating the wheat from the tares"... Mandy and I have talked a lot about how times will come and have come...where members of the church will be persecuted and ridiculed for their beliefs among other members, as well as society. Lehi's dream is totally portraying life NOW, holding to the rod, getting lost in the mist, the great and spacious building...Knowing and seeing these things I feel I need to step it up a few notches and cling to that rod, cuz we are promised that the blessings from doing so are so sweet and so great that we cannot comprehend (the fruit).

Anyway for more references and details you can check out HER blog. it's very insightful.

2 comments:

KTLADY said...

I read your sister's post, and loved it. I appreciate the two of you having the courage to talk about these things on your blogs. We've been told that the internet it a wonderful venue for spreading the Gospel. It's awesome to be able to spread knowledge and hope the way you are doing. Thanks so much! It's comforting to know that we are not alone in our principles.

Tui said...

Yeah so I agree of course with everything you and you sister think.
I'm very politcal. If someone wants to get in on a good ole fashion debate, I'm the first to jump in...uh hum like my own mom...what a liberal...anyway, she'll hopefully never read this...if so, sorry mom, you are..anyway, isn't it so funny how Satan works...wolf in sheeps clothing...looks handsome and sweet, says a lot of what everyone wants to hear...everyone likes them...I won't say who I'm talkin
bout..cough BARRACK OBAMA...uh hum..yeah mom, that's right, I said it...
This is way too long of a response..............................................sorry Rachee
jt