Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


thanksgiving consisted of sleeping in till 9:00... getting ready and going to Jays...

We started our first Wells family 5k turkey trot this year and had a good turnout...Samantha and Steven came of course, Jen came and I am so excited to say that Ryan and Jay came (there was a little kicking and screaming but they came:)

after the run we got ready for the day and cooked till everything was done.. and had a super nice dinner....Kate slept while we ate and just as we finished she woke up so I got to sit down and eat my whole meal with no interruptions... ( although I will say that she was an angel face today, and lately, I've enjoyed every second with her-she probably hasn't changed, I've just had a outlook shift perhaps). Jen had some fun decorations thanks to Paula (her mom) which I'm thankful for because it made for a nice meal and a nice time spent together.

After we ate we went and did a pinata in their basement and the kids loved it... Kate, Ryan, and i all got to take a few whacks at it, and of course the kids loved the candy part.

The turkey tiredness started setting in so we didn't quite get to the bowling part of the day, and people started packing up to go home. Kate and I eventually came home leaving Ryan at Jays cuz we're in a fight......Just Kidding he is going pheasant hunting in the morning with the men...

Can I just say that I feel really lucky to have Ryan as a husband, he has let me go and do a lot of girl stuff and I'm excited that he gets to finally get out and go do some man time. I hope he has a good time, he deserves it.

So we're home and Kate's in bed and I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do with myself tomorrow...something fun I hope

Thanksgiving this year was a lot of fun for me and definitely created some neat memories thanks to the Wells family for taking me in and making me a part of theirs I truly feel welcomed, and hopefully we can create more fun traditions in years to come.

1 comments:

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Sounds like you had a great day! The picture of everyone on the stairs is neat! Our day was good and relaxing as well!

Have fun tomorrow! Hope Ryan gets some birds (run pheasant run...)ha ha ha

Colleen