Friday, January 1, 2010

Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me

So I made the mistake of going out and getting some things done while the kids were tired, while it was snowing outside and to the very place I despise... south Orem (the mall and distribution center) the week before Christmas Mistake #1 I was being a little careless while driving mostly because if you don't jump on your chance to turn and go you'll lose your place and be stuck at a light or parking lot or wherever...forever... so I was about to make a right hand turn at the light by mimi's cafe and university pkwy. and there was a white corolla in front of me (I thought he had gone already...mistake #2 which I learned not to assume any more) cuz I jumped at the chance to get in the traffic line up and so I hurried and went but unfortunately he hadn't!!! I totally rear ended him and there was a big crunching sound. So once I realized what just happened I thought "oh crap"

So here's a little background and the reason for the "oh crap" thoughts.... with our car insurance we have a cash back plan that gives us extra money each year in November if there's no claims on our insurance and so far we are doing great! November is always my slowest month at work and so thus it is always a little tight financially for us so that cash back check is always very welcomed if you know what I mean. So If I just got in an accident that would mean a claim on our insurance which means no money this next year...also I was in a very vulnerable state emotionally and was already just wanting to get home so to sit there and call the cops and work it all out would have pushed me right over the edge...

So I thought "oh crap" now what?? So I jumped out of the car and so did the guy I hit, and we both looked at our cars back and forth and again and again... and seriously.. I couldn't even see a dirt mark or scratch or anything on either car and his car was white... there wasn't even a trace that anything had just happened I was actually confused about it. so after that he started to grab his neck like he was hurt... and I thought "oh crap" again... don't play this card, and try to get whatever you can from me.. but as he did that he saw that I had the kids in the back seat and he forgot all about his neck and asked if my babies were alright. I told him we're fine and that I was so sorry, if he wanted my number, if he's ok etc... but he just said don't worry about it and we both drove away.

I of course cried the whole way home thanking Heavenly Father cuz that to me was a miracle that nothing happened.

So like I said, Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me

0 comments: