Monday, March 15, 2010

My hoover steamvac


Monday March 15th a day to remember...

Sunday night I sang a song for Monday as a fresh start
the song expressed my deepest hopes and came straight from my heart,
the phrase I'd like to share with you, came from Michael Buble himself,
but after today I'd have to say the phrase goes back on the shelf.

"It's a new dawn, it's a new, day it's a new life.... And I'm feelin good."

The day began with pee in a bed so laundry was in store
if I'd only known how much that meant I'd slept a little more.
the sorting began, and sure enough another little surprise,
not just the bed but the carpet too, more pee before my eyes.

My trusty friend came out again to clean up the pesky mess
You'd think that once a day was great, and for most a whole lot less.
I cleaned up the room, the carpet the sheets, so now we're back on track
I have to say that I bless the day we got our hoover steamvac.

I'm on a role so what the heck lets clean the front room too,
and while I do, I see the windows with prints and sticky goo
the carpet is clean, also the window inside but still needs help no doubt
So I clean outside after shutting the door and see that I'm locked out.

No problem except my helper inside who has had a cough for a while
starts to open the door but is coughing so hard so she turns and yep leaves a pile
she pukes in her bowl that I have nearby, but starts to move to the side,
I'm looking in at my spotted floor and stand with eyes open wide....

I get inside, we clean up the mess and Tommy wakes up from his nap
He's sick too, my poor little kids, they just want to sit down on my lap.
I love the snuggles, cuz life is so busy we haven't held each other for a while
but sure enough his cough starts up and it's his turn projectile.

I'm covered in milk down my shirt, on the floor, and don't know where to begin
when I notice the bathroom water is running and Kate's standing there with a grin.
Her hands and her mouth all covered in blue and I feel my stomach drop
She's been in my closet and found her paints, all I can say is "STOP!"

My temperature is rising my patience worn thin lucky all I said was "Crap"
Out it comes for a third time today my trusty hoover steamvac.
The paint came out but my temper did not I'm glad it was 4:15
In walked Ryan and out I went on a run so I wasn't so mean

I felt so refreshed and back to myself when I got home today.
It's a good thing too cuz there's still more to do the laundry is still at bay
We finished it up put the kids in bed and thought we were done for the night
But when I went to check on my girl there was more to my delight.

More coughing in bed yes her clean new sheets were covered in more puke
I'm feeling so bad that she just can't sleep I wish the cough I could rebuke.
So we clean up the mess and change the bed and much to both our surprise
Ryan was leaving while I was coming and wham I took an elbow to the eyes.

At this point I laugh and laugh and then I laugh some more
for real is this really happening? 3 p's all over the floor
The Pee, the Paint and Now the Puke, and hopefully not a black eye
there is opposition in all things I'm learning just not to ask why.

So off the shelf we will take the song and hope for something great
Tomorrow is another day for Ryan, me, Tommy, and Kate
I love my life the joys the pain, but you need a good strong back
to carry the load and deal with it all, (but it helps to have a hoover steamvac).

Tuesday March 16th a day to remember

"It's a new dawn... it's a new day.... it's a new life.... and I'm feelin good!"

6 comments:

Mandy said...

oh my gosh. I'm speechless after that. Tremendously impressed with your poetry and tremendously sorry for that day. You've had your share that's for sure. Good thing you have your trusty steamvac to watch your back!
Need to go to a movie soon? I'll get a babysitter and we're gone!

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel as bad as that all sounds I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has days like that.

Genevieve said...

You are too funny! Oh the things I have to look forward to. Hope your little ones are feeling better soon.

Dawsonfamily said...

Rachel,

I was feeling sorry for myself because I had a giant head cold and then I heard your story and I never complained again!! Oh, and the congestion is gone thanks to the cathartic laughing that /i did. O my goodness! Yikes. And to think that you had the coherence to rhyme after that. Hope your gang is feeling better soon.

Ramon and Jennifer said...

Wow, what to say to that. I laughed and cried for you all at once. Don't you two go to a movie without me :)

Gingerlylizzy said...

LOL! What a day! That was too cute... Good thing you have a great sense of humor!