Friday, March 26, 2010

Favorite things

Rachel's Favorite things...

Kate and Tom Laughing
And Dishwasher running
No little sickies
And Me outside running
New laundered bed sheets
*and clean shaven legs
Kate eating breakfast with
* juice, toast, and eggs.

Reading a good book
and updated blog posts
wide open schedules to fill with
*People I love most
Ryan and I on the floor
*watching shows
We call it sharkies but not
*everyone knows.

Ryans famous smoothies
with warm kettle corn
Fun family outings
With Tommy in the Bjorn
yucky cold winters that
*melt into spring
This one right now is my FAVORITE thing.

(ironically I don't care for poetry, but for some reason I can't seem to post without a rhyme coming to mind)

Julie Andrews favorite things (not so much mine)
...

Raindrops on Roses
And Whiskers on Kittens
Bright copper kettles
And Warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages
*tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies
And Crisp apple strudles
Doorbells?? (really??)
And Sleighbells
And Shnitzle with noodles??
Wild geese that fly with the moon
*on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses
*with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my
*nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters
*that melt into spring (i'd have to agree)
These are a few of my favorite things.

To each their own I guess...

2 comments:

Dawsonfamily said...

Rachel, I feel sheepish that you even read our blog with yours being so creative :) Have you gone to get your hair done yet? I'm thinking that we should go and get our pedicures together. Oh, and yay for no more sickies!

Katie Bell said...

:) We miss you guys so much! Wish we were coming home for the summer!! Glad things are going well for you guys.