Wednesday, October 10, 2007

olive oil and epsom salt .... blahhh


For the last 2 weeks I had been having bad pains in my upper abdomen and I knew because of the location and the duration that is was lasting that this pain wasn't normal or like anything else I had experienced. First I thought it might be a parasite or some sort of nasty bug but having spent some time in a 3rd world country and experienced parasites, the two didn't connect, so I ruled that out.

Then I thought maybe it was an ulcer because of the symptoms. But after trying acid reducers and other things I ruled that out as well.

So then I thought maybe it was my gallbladder. So I went to herbs for health to get some ideas on natural remedies... but I remembered that Shauna Sparks (cousin) just recently did a gallbladder cleanse. So it was 10:30 in the morning and I call her and Todd and Shauna both sounded really sleepy. OOps they were in Hawaii and it was actually 6:30 in the morning. Anyway she gave me the instructions for the cleanse and I did it that night. It was nasty..

6 oz. of straight extra virgin olive oil
chase it down with a coke ( that part was ok)
Sleep all night on your right side
In the morning: 8 oz. water with 2 tbs. Epsom salt (natural laxative)
Have a bathroom handy all day long

Keeping down the olive oil was the hardest part I think but that sure did the trick. It took about a week to clean everything out but I feel 100% better. Next to having a baby I don't think I've ever been in so much pain. And the part that really stunk is that you have to keep living and working and being mom. Poor Kate got really bored those 2 weeks she watched a lot of baby Einstein while I laid on the floor, good thing she likes to entertain herself right.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

sorry that i didn't even know that you were sick! good job with the salt oil combo. Where did you get the pictures of Kate done? They are precious!