Monday, November 12, 2007

ADVERSITY

Why is it that every time I verbally say what I'm thankful for, the opposite happens......?

ADVERSITY

Pres. James E. Faust said "Into every life there come the painful, despairing days of adversity and buffeting. Becoming New Creatures A rebirth out of spiritual adversity causes us to become new creatures.

In my attempt to "become a new creature" I've been challenged with some adversity as we all are...

The other day I mentioned how grateful I am for our financial blessings one including our cashback reward from our insurance that we will get in 2 weeks, its a reward because we have had a clean driving record since we got married (3 yrs.)

A week ago I got pulled over right by our house and explained to the cop that I have a clean record and always go the speed limit ( I really do try to go the speed limit because I really want that cashback reward, oh and I want to obey the law too.) I explained a few other things to him that for sure would help him to be more merciful so I thought phew... that was a close one. But no, he came back and GAVE ME A TICKET! ewwwwww I was so mad. He was one of those cops that had to get his quota in for the day and wanted a little extra power and authority. As for our cashback reward I'll have to look into traffic school to keep it off my record but seriously what a waste of time and money.

Adversity #2

2 days after the ticket incident was Ryan's birthday and we went to Tucano's for dinner, later we had friends over for dessert and to watch the office. At about 11:00 we peacefully went to bed but at 1:00 the volcano errupted, I made myself comfortable on the bathroom floor till about 5:30 , around 3:00 Ryan came to join me..... we got the FLU! I forgot how awful the flu is, the last time I had it was in Jr. high or something. Ryan the next morning thought he would brave going to school and teaching, about 1 hour later he came hobbling in the door. Anyway poor Kate got to climb over mommy and daddy while watching tv all day cuz we spent the whole day on the floor.

If you look at the previous entry below this one, you'll see how much I love to be sick...

ADVERSITY

I guess Heavenly Father had got to mold us into becoming new creatures somehow right?
If it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger.

4 comments:

Lacy said...

What are the chances seriously?

Mandy said...

Love Murphy's law. Happens every time. I'm glad you guys are feeling better and Kate didn't get sick.

Tara said...

Gosh that sounds awful! Hope you guys are doing ok! Being sick SUCKS! And both of you being sick is even worse! AND both being sick with a child to take care of-the ULTIMATE yuck!

Ashley said...

Shut up that you haven't had the flu since junior high? Are you crazy? PS, does mandy only know about murphy's law because of your old bathroom? Tag, you're it, check my blog.