Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I have to say one thing that I am truly grateful for, Health. I know that might sound cliche but I really mean it.

When any one of us gets sick I become the grump. As a mom if you get sick you have to pretend like you are not and carry on with keeping the rest of the kingdom in tact. If Ryan gets sick I just feel awful and I can't do much but I try to "make everything all better".

We've been real lucky for this first year of Kate's life that she has only suffered minor colds but just yesterday we were driving in the car to go pick up Ryan and Kate had been so whiny all day and I was getting frustrated and then I looked in the rear view mirror and she threw everything she had eaten that day up. I felt horrible for being irritated. So the rest of the day she threw up a few more times but she slept ok, and today she is just like a noodle, so cuddly (I love that part) but I just feel so bad for her.

So to make a long story short I am thankful for our health.

3 comments:

KTLADY said...

HEY! I think it's Ryan's Birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (It's the 8th today) Just thought I would leave a little note wishing you a fantastic birthday. You're getting up there... closer to THIRTY than ever! My goodness! If it's not your birthday, then I'm sorry... my brain must have stopped working. Hope you guys are doing great. I love seeing the pictures of your family. I look forward to seeing your family when you're in town for Thanksgiving. Rachel, you are so fun! I love reading your posts. Take care!!!!! Katie

KTLADY said...

Hey Rachel... it's Katie again... I was wondering when you were in Paraguay... and which mission was it? We were neighbors! Also, my husband's best friend served there too!

Lacy said...

You are so funny!!. We have been sick for over a week now with colds and I am about to go crazy!! Last year Izzy got RSV so we are hoping for a better winter this year.