Friday, December 7, 2007

Flashback Friday....Can anyone say BUCK TEETH?



So Mandy started a flashback Friday where she reminisces about her past... Well here's a couple of things that I think we can all relate to...

1. I think we all have a picture with the big bangs and the fluffed out sides as seen here in these pictures...

2. The dress in the first picture, I remember my mom made me wear that dress for pictures and there was a boy that always found something to make fun of with me (Daniel Bishop) So I didn't wear that dress to school cuz I didn't like it, but when it came time for pictures I went and changed into it and of course when I walked into the classroom there he was laughing cuz of all the frills. ( I wasn't, but I liked to pretend I was a tomboy in school so did Ashley my cousin she was more of a tomboy because she had all brothers, I was just a wannabe) So to wear a frilly dress was embarrassing to me.

Another funny fact about me is that all through elementary school I went by the name Wendy which is my first name. I've never been called that in my life but in kindergarten they called roll and called the name Wendy and I said "here" and was too shy to tell her that my name was Rachel or that I went by Rachel so K-6th grade I went by Wendy. My poor cousins that went to school with me had to flip flop between names when I was at school or with school friends I was Wendy and at home or family functions I was Rachel. By the time JR. High came I switched and now I'm back on track.

Oh and you gotta love when you only have your two front teeth that are huge cuz you haven't lost any others So hence the Buck teeth comment.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Dude - I hear ya on the buck teeth thing! I'll spare anyone else looking at me with the wet hair, buck teeth and rose colored glasses, though. Those were the days, eh?

KTLADY said...

How CUUUUUUUTE! What a cutie pie you were! At least you didn't go to the hair salon at ten years of age and say, "I want to look like Joan London"... long story... changed my life... anyway. I like your flashback Friday! Hey I know a guy named Daniel Bishoff... pretty close. Thanks for posting!!!Love, Katie

Lacy said...

You are hilarious. How funny that you totally remember changing into that dress and the name of the boy making fun!!

KTLADY said...

Oh my goodness... it is the same Dan... he was a fishing guide and always showed me pictures of the fish he caught. And yes, he was goofy. He has a twin brother. I met him when I went to the Institute at UVSC, and yes, believe it or not... I went out with him several times and we wrote while I was on my mission. It really is a small world after all... :)

Mandy said...

I love that you're doing Flashback Friday. It's going to be so much fun to read more about your past. i wonder if there is anything I don't know.
Love your pictures, you are so cute Wendy Rachel.