Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1 to 5


So I know that I have forgotten the blogging thing lately, but I've just been keeping my head above water this last week or so. I went and tended my sisters 4 kids for 8 day's while they went to Samoa. How could you pass up a trip like that, (she is going to return the favor this summer when Ryan and I go to Nauvoo) anyway, I did ok, I wasn't sure I could do it going from one child to 5 but I managed to feed them and get them off to school, hey we even read scriptures every morning, and had FHE.

They have a fun house in Mapleton, I guess I should say a cabin, I felt like I was in the country and really not a part of the world, which was nice in a way. It was very peaceful once I got the 2 little ones to bed for naps and the rest were at school, I read and played the wii, heck I even got some cleaning done. So like I said, it was peaceful except for the wind storm which come to find out were 100mph winds, came and blew everything in their yard to pieces, I wish I had taken a picture, it was crazy, anyway that was an adventure, the house was literally howling and the 2 babies were scared, so I had both of them in my lap and I also brought the dog that is not allowed in the house in, for fear that she would blow away, and we all sat huddled together watching cartoons.

All in all I feel like I did an ok job, one thing is for sure, I'm confident now that if I had another kid I could do it which I didn't know if that was the case before. It's amazing what you can do especially when you're not sure if you can. we are definitely stronger than we think.

0 comments: