Thursday, January 31, 2008

Flashback Friday...Happy hands club


So for those of you that have seen Napoleon Dynamite you might remember that he was in the happy hands sign language club. Well that club wasn't made up just for the movie, my cousins Ashley, kerry and I were actually in one of the original "happy hands club" although it was just called the signing choir then. We thought we were so cool. The funny thing is that we totally did the Rose song that they do in the movie, the same way they do it. Our leader I guess you could say, his name is Dan Robertson, but we called him Rob, he moved from here to Preston Idaho where Napoleon Dynamite takes place and he started the Happy hands club there. He called us all the time bragging about his club and the twins etc... (the twins are in the movie) he also called me one morning saying that his girls are in the new Napoleon Dynamite movie and that I have to see it. So he is the one that I guess choreographed the n-sync song that summer does, and he did all of the same songs that we did over 10 years ago. Yes it is quite embarrassing to admit but oh well we thought we were so cool then.

And as something similar to what Michael would say on the office, " I guess you could say that we (my cousins and I) are famous because we were once in the the signing club that now entertains thousands and is famous..... He actually said on that one episode where Dwight does the public speaking, Michael says, I entertained the man that entertained a thousand men....
Anyway blah blah blah.

Another week of Flashback Friday .

3 comments:

KTLADY said...

Some say LUV, it is a river... that drowns the tender reeeeeed!
Can I have your autograph?
MY goodness, you crack me up. I love reading your flashbacks. They are flippin sweet. (hee hee)
Hope you guys are doing well!! Keep up the posting!!

shelby said...

Ok so I just barley saw Napolean for the first time a couple of weeks ago. And I died laughing at the signing part. It totally reminded me of yu guys!

Mandy said...

I want your autograph too.