Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thoughts on Thursday

So here are some of the thoughts that I've had that are sort of inspiring to me they probably aren't new to anyone else but I have realized that whatever type of person you or others have pegged you to be doesn't really matter because you can change that for example, I always said that I am not a reader, I hate to admit it but I never fully read the books required for school, just read enough to get me through the quizzes etc.. but now I love to read and look forward to the times that I can....

another example is that I always hated running, but something clicked inside me and with some persuasion of my sister, now I try to find time and opportunities that I can just go out and release some of the energy I have by running and exercize.

Also I never thought I could be interested in history or politics but as I learn more I want to know more, Maybe it's just that we mature and grow as the days go by but I feel like if you set your mind to something you really can do it and enjoy it.

My sister Mandy gave me a birthday card one year that had this picture on it of us...(yikes), and all it said was "aren't you glad we get better with age?" I totally feel like we should be getting better with age, hopefully that is the case, I talked to a friend just the other day that I haven't seen in probably 8-10 years and we talked about how we aren't the same people we were in high school, thankfully, although occasionally we run into those that haven't changed one bit and that is sad but basically my thought are that whatever you set your mind to do you can do it, and nothing should be limiting us from learning and achieving our full potential.

Ok I'll get off my soap box now.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

You did not get my permission to post that picture. So not fair! I don't even know what to say about it, other than YUCK!!! That was right after my mission (8 years ago)and I look aweful! I do love your platinum hair though. I'll get you back, should I drag out some pictures of Keene Valley? You would like to see those right?

I do love however, everything that you wrote. Funny how we evolve. Lucky that we evolve more like it.

Love you
Big sis