Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Flashback ... ahh the lovely Hawaii

Ok so quickly, if my flashbacks bore you I'm sorry, they are really only fun for those that are involved I guess but since I know most of you blog to keep a record of your life which is what I do I want to include some of my fun adventures, so again i'm sorry if this is boring.

Krissy and I grew up in the same neighborhood and spent our summer evenings, having sleepovers, girls camp, swimming and of course riding our bikes...most of my adventurous times in life were spent with her. so after high school we decided to have an adventure and moved to Hawaii, it was spontaneous and before we knew it we were pulling up to our house which was named "the Jailhouse" in Laie. We weren't going to school even though it was BYU housing and we eventually got jobs at (Krissy and Laurel) a surf shop and (Rachel) at turtle bay flower shop we worked a whole 12 hours a week (enough to buy a monthly bus pass) and played every other second that we could. We lived there for 4 months and were basically beach bums. It was a blast.

Come to find out our other 2 roommates were there to play too, they weren't in school, so our clan doubled in size..Laurel was one of our roommates and Kelly was the other, she became our roommate later but that's a story in itself. Anyway hitch-hiking in hawaii seemed


like a harmless way to get around because basically there is one road and it goes in a circle, and if we only hitch-hiked to trucks and rode in the back it didn't seem like a big deal and sometimes it was faster than waiting for the bus...(looking back I can't believe we are still alive because we were so careless and trusting) anyway one of the people that picked us up later became known as our sugar daddy Tony. He was from the Philippines and had a lot of money...We were convinced that he was in the mafia and that our house was bugged, sometimes we even went outside to talk...but he took us to dinner all the time and wanted to take us skydiving and give us all diamonds. Creepy but at the same time he was endearing we would knudge him and say ahhh tony and he had a car and wanted to tag along wherever we all wanted to go.

Another fun memory was labeling anyone that seemed strange or scary Wallace... For a little background, Our landlord was a police officer hence calling our house the Jailhouse... and he brought down printouts of sex offenders in the area and one of them was named Wallace, so from then on we had his picture up in our house and everyone that was creepybecame known as Wallace.

Hawaii has a ton of cockroaches and gecko's and one of each got smashed in our front door frame and we left them there for souvenirs.

Other fun times were times spent with Gina who came and ended up staying indefinetly, Some random boy that Krissy knew came and stayed a while, Bald guy... Krissy thought it would be a good idea to play sculpt the statues and was basically playing matchmaker, Laurel running from the Real Wallace (that was scary) eggs n things, and big booty with mose, byu dances, bring it on, Krissy and I getting our dance moves down in front of the big window in our house, Kelly and eddie yikes!!! and a hundred more fun memories.... Thanks Krissy and Laurel!

Like I said in the beginning this is kind of an inside joke type flashback so if it doesn't make sense sorry, I'm mostly recording my experiences for my 0wn sake..

So just recently, Krissy found Laurel and we scheduled a time to go to lunch, it was a ton of fun to talk and laugh about our fun times in Hawaii and hopefully we can keep in touch before another
8 years go by.

3 comments:

rockkinrobbins said...

Hi, I found your blog on Melissa's blog and somehow I feel like I know you in some way. We grew up in Farmington, NM. My husband is Opy Robbins. Are you related to Randy Wells? You have a great blog, Sorry to bother you. my blog is rockkinrobbins.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

How fun! I love Hawaii!

Mandy said...

I remember hearing about some of these. Aren't you glad you got to do that?