Sunday, July 27, 2008

Big girl Bed

We have talked about sometime soon converting Kate into a big girl bed and out of her crib. I wanted to create some kind of fairy tale bed for her. We just didn't plan it to be so soon.

Saturday we went to the RC Willey scratch and dent with Jessica (Ryan's sister) to look for some furniture for her and we found this bed and I had to have it. I don't HAVE to have hardly anything, I go places and I want stuff but my logical side kicks in and I find more useful places to put our money, but this is the exact bed that I have dreamed up in my head, and there was only one there shining with bright lights and choirs singing... :)

Anyway I loved it and so did Kate. so we got it and spent the whole day Saturday finding a mattress for it and getting it here. But it's here and she slept in it that night. The first night she only got out once and we just had to put her back, then she went to sleep.. Tonight we are on the second night and it's been a few more try's to get her to stay in her bed but not too traumatic... We'll see how tomorrow goes... Anyway we are excited!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I lOVE that bed! Owen is in his bed not crib tonight for the first time. I really pushed it until as late as I could. Elle is going to be very jealous of that bed.

Amy said...

HOLY CROW! If Charlotte were spinning her web it would say SOME BED! I've never seen anything like it! I guess I'm worse that both you and Mandy cuz Ari is still in her crib and I just can't bring myself to do the big girl bed yet. We don't get any sleep as it is! But I'm so glad for you that she stayed in bed so good. Wahoo!

Katie Bell said...

I Love this bed. I tried to get it for Rhyen but uillame would not let me. i love it. its so cute!

Cathy said...

I love it!!! Fit for a princess!

Tui said...

Ahh, that reminds me of my bed at that age; wait a second..

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Cute bed!! Carley was put in a big bed about month ago. She does really well. I am still trying to find a cute bedspread and stuff to decorate her room