Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stay-cation

So we planned this Vacation to Thanksgiving point to pretend we were out of town. My mom came and stayed with Kate for 2 nights and we did whatever we wanted. Come to find out that others are doing the same thing because of the crazy gas prices. It is technically called a "Stay" cation according to the deseret news and other sources.

So on our "Stay"cation we went to 7 peaks and were able to lay out in the sun without chasing a child, we saw 2 movies in the theater...Baby Mama and Prince Caspian.(Chronicles of Narnia). We ate at some fun places and went and saw abba impersonators at the scera shell. we rented movies... Fools gold and step up 2. and we even found time to relax. There was a lot of laughing and spontaneity and I loved it. One of the days reminded me of our honeymoon where the housekeeping in the hotel had to ask us if we were ever going to leave the room so that they could clean it..... I guess when we are on vacation we like to just chill and not be going all the time.

Anyway Happy anniversary (2 months early) Ryan and thanks for 4 wonderful years and I look forward to every year to come.
I LOVE YOU
P.s. thanks again to my mom she is the greatest.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

That is so fun! And such a smart idea! I wanted to go to St. George, but didn't because of Gas prices. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Stephanie said...

Ok now I read your blog about your staycation. How fun. I hope ours is a success as well. . .though we will be taking 5 kids along :)