Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I wish we all could be california girls... (sung by the men in San Francisco)

So we spent the weekend in San Francisco, It was a blast, except there was one major part missing AMY...( We missed you tonz ) But I have to say, I looked fervently for a masculine man there and there was NOT 1 to be found... I'm really not kidding. Everyone was very soft and feminine.. Anyhoo I hope this doesn't offend any readers.

So I went with my mom and her husband Ron, and my 2 sisters Mandy and Jenni. The 3 sisters stayed in the same quaint hotel room (I say Quaint cuz it's not what you picture, the view consisted of a brick wall, and we had to do some manuvering to fit us all in). Once we were settled it was more than we could have asked for. My sisters and I spent hours on end lying in the middle of 2 twin beds pushed together and laughing, crying, talking, and figuring out the answers to life's questions and problems. It was wonderful. Some of the main insights that I am coming away with are mainly geared toward myself and my family. In this unstable and quickly changing world I truly feel that we have got to decide whose side we are on... There really isn't much gray areas anymore, it's black or it's white...I want to be on the Lord's side... whole heartedly, cuz if we aren't clinging to that rod we will fall away and take our families with us.

As a mother I have a renewed sense of patience and love for my sweet Kate, and I feel that my main purpose in life is to see that my little munchkin (s) get back to Heavenly father and learn how to choose right for themselves. That's a big job placed on us mothers (and fathers) but I know for me it is sometimes hard to see past the day to day and look at the eternal perspective. I think when I go to a farm I will look at chickens differenly cuz they gather their little chicks under their wings and love them, and I feel like my home needs to always be a safe place for my little chicks to come when they need to get away from the world. So how to do this, Prayer and scripture study every day... looking for answers cuz without the help of the Lord, and guidence things will get scary. I also think that we need each other...The pioneers must have had it good to have all of that love and support with all of them working toward the same cause, I think if we were to do the same we wouldn't feel so alone in our efforts to get through this life. This weekend was neat to have my sisters so close....we all discussed our "stuff" then we went to the scriptures for answers, then we talked some more, etc... it was great.. very theraputic.

Anyway, I'm rambling... but the rest of the trip was awesome, Mandy did amazing in her race, she definitely had some trials leading up to it and I think she pushed through them so well, what a good example she is...

Thanks for a good trip ladies (and Ron) I'll look forward to the next one!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Thank you for coming, it was such a good trip and you were a wonderful support. I had a blast! You're funny by the way..(the whole california girls sung by men...yeah, you're funny.)

Brandi Johns said...

Hey, I will make sure not to tell my husband about all of the soft men, LOL, just kiddin. I was hoping that you would put on some pictures of those manly men walking down by the peer, you know, the ones in the "special invisable clothes." Anyways, it was good seeing you. PS- This is Mandy's friend if you were wondering who the stalker is.

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

Amen sister! Ditto all your thoughts including the no manly men in SF thing...It is a fun place to visit...wouldn't want to live there!

Forward ho...on our quest for the Lord's side!

Amy said...

I missed you ladies too. It was sad to not be there. Thanks for thinking of me.