Monday, October 13, 2008

Sharing....

So tonight our family home evening lesson was and probably still will be about sharing cuz it's an important lesson to learn in life but...sometimes I find myself getting tired of sharing... for example, last night I got a cold glass of water and sat down after tornado-ing around the house cleaning so that my mind could think clearly, and just as I put my lips to the glass to take a drink my dear sweet Kate is tugging at my arm while holding her own sippy cup and saying "Drink, Drink" wanting some of mine. And at that moment I just wondered if there would ever be a day that I could have my own glass of water, or my own plate of dinner, or my own place to stand without a child standing on top of my feet, or to take my own shower etc etc...This photo looks romantic and fun but seriously it's not all its cracked up to be,

I know this might sound selfish and I know you mothers can relate, but come on, is that too much to ask, or is our family night lesson supposed to be catered to me? Am I the one who needs to learn to share?

4 comments:

Tui said...

I'd like to go #1 or #2 without having a kid crying to come in. I'm like, you really don't want to come in here.
I miss you Rachee!
jt

Anderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

You were always a great sharing friend/cousin when you were little. I think I was too. I'm the same greedy mom as you are. What happened to us? I think my kids need to teach me a family home evening on sharing.

Katie Bell said...

I dont think the sharing ever ends...but I think thats its okay to want it to end...if you know what I mean!