Sunday, February 8, 2009

February....sweet February.



Ahhh, I think I'm back to blogging again. This last month has done quite a number on the emotions floating around the Wells household, ah heck lets extend it out to the peterson household's and while we're at it how about the "Free" family house holds...

I don't really know where to begin but a lot has gone on lately. First off i went on a wonderful trip with my sister Mandy to the fresh air of Lompoc California and we were able to see and do and do some more there, during the journey I truly feel like I was able to get to know me a little more, and I feel we were able to set some good goals for this year of 2009.

I totally have a drive since the beginning of this year to do the Lord's work...and by that I mean missionary work. Thanks to Mandy I was able to participate and be a part of a neat experience where she was able to give as a gift, a book of Mormon to someone she cares deeply about. Man what a wonderful gift to receive -the Lord's words- Along with missionary work, I feel a unity within our families coming together and I haven't felt that in a long while...this year is definitely for family.

My nephew Hunter has undergone a serious back surgery and things are looking up for him and that feels great to stand on the sidelines and see him have the potential to live and function for another long while. It was a pretty scary surgery but I truly believe that through the power of prayer and fasting so far things are better than planned.

Unfortunatley we have had some tragic events happen in the family, my cousin Jeremy passed away at the end of January and he truly will be missed. The funeral was better than anyone could have asked for and again I felt more than ever that day a sense of unity among families that have been oh... not so unified in the past. Every one of my now 35 cousins was there except for one... That to me was amazing, and you could feel the love and support from everyone. Makes me wonder how great the reunion in heaven is going to be when all is said and done.

Last but certainly not least, I am proud to announce that we are on our way with baby #2... It's still a little early probably to be telling but at the end of Feb. I'll be finished with the first trimester, hooray for no more sickies right.

Soooo that's life, I hope to keep up with the blogging now for a while. I think you should too (for those of you who are a little behind... you know who you are).

7 comments:

Colleen, Mike, Abbie and Aimee said...

I am so excited for you and Ryan!! I can't wait to see your baby #2! Keep us posted on everything!!! Happy day!!!

KTLADY said...

CONGRATULATIONS you guys!! Sounds like things are going well. The best to you! I can't wait to hear more news!

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Congratulations on baby #2!!!

Laura said...

Its about dang time:) I have been anxiously awaiting this fun announcement and am very happy for you and Ryan...hope the next trimester is easier on the nausea...XOXO

Camille Kenyon said...

Rachel . . .

I am excited to see you are announcing this sweet little one and am so happy to hear about you drive for missionary work. I have been feeling that a lot lately and have been doing things I though I would have never done. It is addicting to share your testimony and the gospel!! Sorry to hear about the tragedies . . . but of course your outlook i always positive. Love ya

Lacy said...

What a month for you guys! Congrats on the baby. When is your due date?

Kathryn said...

WHAT!!!? HALLELUJAH! How fun is that? I am so excited for you guys! When does that make you due for? Sometime in September? Its high time we get together, Wells!