Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lesson in Faith

All things happen for a reason I just wish I could see that clearly while I'm wallowing in self pity while somewhat enduring a trial.

As you have probably read time and time again on my blog, one of the most annoying and frustrating trials for me is being sick. So here I am again boo hooo-ing about this silly cold that I have used as an excuse to stop me from what I need or want to do each day. So finally yesterday I woke up, head pounding, body aching from coughing so much, and two pieces of tissue stuffed up my nose to stop the dripping, Kate wants this and Tommy's crying for that, and as dumb as it sounds I laid on the kitchen floor thinking that I'm dying ( ok maybe not that dramatic ) but I did say out loud "I'm done, I can't do this today" I had a hair appointment scheduled and couldn't reschedule due to a crazy busy week, and I truly wondered if I was going to survive. I'm here the next day to tell you that I did survive can you believe it?

Finally once I got the kids happy and occupied I escaped to my bedroom where I said a sincere prayer asking Heavenly Father for help and for peace and just a reassurance that I would get through this, and that somehow I could make it through the hair appointment that night without coughing and nose running etc. So I flipped open my scriptures to whatever opened up and I got my answer:

3 nephi chapeter 13

vs. 8 "......Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask him..."

v. 25 "....Take no thought for your life, , what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body....is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?"

v.26 "Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

v.30 "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith."

v. 31 "Therefore take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (Or in my case what shall I do to get through this?)

v.32 "For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

v. 33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

v. 34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

After I read that a feeling came over me that I could do this and it was in the Lords hands. I really believed Him and knew that he would help me get through it.

Well the rest of the day I still felt sick but I believed I could do that appointment that night, so I showered, got ready and left. And from the moment I walked into the salon my nose cleared up and I didn't cough once through that whole 2 hour appointment. I expected to leave and be sick again but I felt a lot better and today I'm on the mend.

The point is...Yes I knew I would eventually get better and I knew I would survive, but I needed to learn a lesson in Faith and I needed a reminder that heavenly Father knows my needs, and even though my trials might be small compared to others, He still cares. I do feel that my faith has been strengthened and it feels awesome.

0 comments: