Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zeal

I had a neat conversation with my friend Krissy while I did her hair.

She shared with me a scripture that is her "motto" for this year because she wants not only to have a zeal towards God but also man. I liked it a lot, the main thing that spoke out to me was our need to love and accept each other as we would our Heavenly Father, to be sincerely excited to be in each others presence.

And the second thing that is really pounding me this year is Faith. I went to an awesome workshop today and one of the speakers (Justin Su'a) spoke on the scripture "be still and know that I am God" That class was totally meant for me. Heavenly Father is trying my faith and wants to see if I will trust him. He has it all laid out for us but it may not be in our time table or in the way we think things should happen, but he won't give us trials that we can't handle with His help.

So here's the scripture:

Alma 27:27 (talking about the anti-Nephi-Lehi's and their awesomeness, and how they do it.)

"And they were among the people of Nephi, and also numbered among the people who were of the church of God. And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.

Great examples... Hope I can remember some of this each day and live it.

0 comments: