Sunday, February 28, 2010

My buddy

n

" My buddy, my buddy, where ever I go she goes.... my buddy, my buddy, my buddy and me!"

My little Kate loves to be with... As I was making dinner tonight, she just came and sat down right at my feet, she didn't say anything but was practically sitting on my toes. And later (after our Sunday afternoon naps) she came in and curled up right around my legs and if I moved at all she would scoot right in to be with again. (she looks really tired in the picture but she was actually very happy). And I think we've got another little buddy in Tommy, he loves to be with and it is so cute how when you walk into the room, he opens his arms real wide like he's trying to get us and give us a hug.

2 months ago - I hate to admit it- but this sort of thing was more annoying than cute, I was in a real selfish mode and everything needy was just one more thing required of me and I was on edge most of the time. I was pretty quick to snap and raise my voice and my family was acting out because of it.

What changed? Truthfully I forgot how to be positive. A great reminder for me was one day I posted something that I thought was funny on facebook, but it was a negative comment. The response I got back from others got me thinking. One of those responses was from Ryan's aunt Joan and she said basically "you have to look for the positive in all things" (she might have been joking or serious but regardless it woke me up a little). Sounds simple, just look for the positive in everything right? At first I was kind of embarrassed and felt like I had to explain myself, but then after a while I thought well maybe I do need to have a change of attitude. So little by little I made a concious effort to only say positive things (especially about my kids and my life) and in my prayers offer only thanks instead of always asking for things and complaining. I can say that each day I feel like my cup runneth ore. I'm very blessed and I have some funny funny kids who are unique and really just want to Be With. So it's been refreshing to see that simple change in me but especially in the attitude and feeling of our home.

It's true what they say " If mom's not happy no one is". Mothers really do set the tone of the home.

So for today things are positive even amidst the trials we face.

1 comments:

Katie Bell said...

I needed to read this! Thanks Rach!