Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today's embarrassing moment

Ryan and I had our 6 month dentist appointments today, (cleaning, checkup) and I've had this annoying cough that never goes away and a yucky sore throat. One thing I hate about having a cough is that every now and then, something will trigger it and I have a full out cough attack, I know about 2 seconds before it starts that I have to excuse myself and disappear. I seriously will cough for about 5 min. and I also have a really sensitive gag reflex, so while I'm hacking, I'm gagging and it's constant so I can't talk till I'm done (Hence the reason I have to disappear cuz it's not a pretty sight).

So I was apprehensive about going to the dentist today afraid that right at the wrong time I would have a cough attack. So they took me back, I got one set of x-rays done fine, but then they did the x-rays where they stick those cubes in your mouth, with the plastic edge, and sure enough the corner of that edge got me right in the wrong spot and I had to take the cube out and get out of the chair and run out while holding my finger up to the assistant telling her "one minute". So she's totally waiting there with both my kids, and I'm wandering around their dentist area trying to find a place to hack it out. There is NO where for me to go and be alone, I'm coughing walking past all the different patients booths, and everyone can hear me cuz it's a small tight space...I'm thinking to myself " this really isn't happening right now". So I think I get it together and we try the x-ray again and I lost it again, and had to take the cube out again, I'm so so embarrassed while the girl is watching me work it out.

Luckily after that I was totally fine but yeah I felt like a total idiot.

Do share your embarrassing moments so I know I'm not alone Please.

1 comments:

KTLADY said...

I'd rather see you tell this story. :) I hate that tickle that trickers the coughing attack. Then afterward when you try to talk it sounds (and looks) like you're crying/choking/dying/suffocating. I'm sorry!! But it makes for a funny story!! :)