Thursday, February 11, 2010

Learning lessons the hard way


So last week Kate colored a nice picture on the couch with a pen so she had to pack them all back up and put them in a ziploc bag, and for a week she didn't get to color, but hooray, lesson learned, cuz every time she goes to color now, she makes sure to tell me that she won't color on the couch.

So I came home from work last night ready to be done for the day but the place was a disaster, covered in polly pockets, so I gave Kate a heads up that we were going to clean up in 5 min. So 5 min. came and I asked her to help me clean them up and she didn't so I asked again, and she whined and cried and didn't help, so the third time I counted to 3 and if she didn't help she was going to lose her polly's for the whole day the next day. Well today the polly's are on the gobble chair and aren't being played with. She's tried to show me with the barbies that she cleaned them up so that she can play with the polly's but not today I said... And she keeps telling me that she will clean them up, but not today, maybe tomorrow I say, and she cries and cries, and I hope she's learning a lesson that if you make the mess you have to clean it up. We'll see tomorrow what happens at clean up time.

2 comments:

Cambric said...

my parents had "toy jail." if we were asked multiple times to clean up our toys and didn't my dad would pick them up and put them in toy jail (usually a box or high up where we couldnt get them). in order to rescue our toys outta toy jail we had to clean up our toys without being asked more than once and we would get ONE toy back. it sometimes took WEEKS to get all of them back but my siblings and i for sure learned our lesson! =D

The Wells Family said...

Such a great idea.